Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm at work again. And I'm here for another two hours with nothing really to do. Well, there are things I could be doing, but that doesn't meant that I need to do them now. Plus, I deserve a break. Whatever.

I got in some half-serious miles in the past two days. The cold spell in Cincinnati finally cracked a few days ago and the weather on 1/1 and 1/2 of 2006 were actually warm - mid 50's and 60's. Not too shabby for the heart of the dark winter. So I went out riding and put in about 26 miles on Sunday and 32 on Monday. All on my fixed-gear on hilly terrain. God, I love that bike. I do need to ride my geared bike a bit more, but I really need a true road-racer. I don't want to start the Spring series on my Redline cyclocross bike. Sure, it's fast enough, but it's heavy and put's me in too high of a position, regardless of how low I've set the handlebars.

I'm leaning towards the Felt F55 or maybe even the F2C. I don't particularly want a carbon bike, but those Felts are sweet...and cheap. We'll see if I can finagle some dough out of the dad, but I really should just wait until I get my tax refund and that unclaimed fund check.

But yeah, I want a new bike dammit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Argentius said...

Fixies are great. I've been spending a lot of time on mine this winter, especially after being hit by a car and losing my main roadbike, which wasn't really a "race" bike anyway, even though it was nice.

Fixie rides up and down lots of hills for 4 hours can do wonders to beat up your, um, saddle area, though.

I'm hooking up a new roadbike soon, and an F2C is definitely in the running! Let me know if you get one before I do...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home